Wednesday 17 July 2013

Enjoying the little things

Hi there! Just recently I've really been enjoying the little things life has to offer. We all sit and fantasise about a dream holiday in an exotic location or achieving a slightly difficult goal we've set for ourselves; but from time to time it's important to just take a second to see what's right in front of us. 

I know that personally I'm very guilty of not living in the moment and taking life for granted. There are probably days that have passed me by and I haven't appreciated how special they were until they were already long gone. Or I've spent days feeling frustrated because I'm convinced I haven't achieved my full potential yet. But I've realised that in life it's so important to take a moment to realise what we have achieved. And it's okay to be proud of yourself!

For instance, I planted these seeds at my Mum's house back in Autumn and we were convinced they were never going to bloom. I visited the other day and couldn't believe how beautiful they look now! 


This is something I can be proud of. I planted the seeds and now I've created something so beautiful which my Mum tells me makes her smile every time she sees them outside of her home. That in itself is something to be proud of!

So next time you're feeling a bit glum and unfulfilled; take a deep breath and look back on your achievements. Whether that's climbing a mountain, getting past a level on candy crush saga or passing a really hard Math test back in your school days; who cares? We all have our own personal achievements, you've just got to look a little deeper sometimes and appreciate yourself. You're wonderful, so start believing it!

Much love and other things xo

No comments:

Post a Comment